It is a movie with a good base story but a poor first half with an excellent middle half and a little lengthy final half.
1. Actor Vijay with his screen presence is stealing the show in most of the scenes.
2. Pretty good songs and BGM by Imman. Intro song, Kandangi and Treatu song is a delight to watch.
3. Actor Sampath with his classy acting.
4. Stunt sequences are good and apt for a masala flick.
1. Poor artist selection by Director Neason. A versatile actor like Mohan lal has been wasted with just shouting “Naan Sivan da… Sivan illama Sakthi illa da”. The story is based in Madurai and Mohan Lal speaking a tamil mixed with malayalam slang is little hard to accept. I felt actor like Raj Kiran would have suited this character pretty well.
2. The most first half comedies are pretty bad. Parotta Soori following Santhanam’s path of double meaning comedy is very disappointing. Vijay’s so called comedy with Kajal Agarwal by touching her ass is so awkward. A matured actor like Vijay who also has the inbuilt talent of comedy can do much better and should think twice before acting in such scenes.
3. Kajal Agarwal, was a real fun to see in Police Attire.
4. Actor Vijay’s dialog delivery in few places reminds me Mahesh Babu’s dialogue delivery in Dhookudu movie. He could have tried little differently.
5. Good Actors like Azhagam Perumal, Ravi Maria were not properly utilized.
So to summarize, jilla a 3 star rated movie that can be watched once.
I know many vijay fans will say I am biased but just think and say from in depth of your heart will you allow vijay to act a similar type of movie next time.
As a movie lover after seeing Vijay in a movie like Thupakki I want to see him in a more different character.